Mike was asked by Tony to write for the now-defunct Gametwerp.com. Mike agreed, and he joined the crew for the debut episode on Februrary 2009.
Mike lives in Ontario, Canada and grew up during the SNES era. As the token foreigner on the show, he is berated for being from Canada. He is also occasionally teased for his boyish voice, despite being in his early twenties when he joined the show. Luckily, he has a good sense of humor about it. He is an occasional contributor to Front Towards Gamer.
- Responsible for more episode titles than any other host.
- His brother Kevin has been called "the unofficial fifth host of the show" due to his accidental cameos.
- His dogs have been heard on the show more than any guest.
- One of the only two people who live in Canada.
- Justin Beiber was almost chosen as a host over Mike. Likewise, Mike almost became a pop star.
- Has yet to have a sex change to become Michelle Haefling.
- Can count down in French.
- Plans on hosting a spin-off show, Brothel Talk, with comedian Katt Williams and Giant Bomb's Jeff Gerstmann.
- Likes Killzone 2's weapons and various control schemes.
- Only cares about Thane and Legion in Mass Effect 2.
- Has never died of dysentary.
- Loves baseball.
- Hates the Gamecube controller.
- Loves Gearbox Software and Anthony Birch.